Current consumption (minimal)
Maximal current consumption
Number of relay outputs
Output current-carrying capacity
Maximum switchable voltage
Number of inputs
up to 6 sensors
Module MREL-8s is a component of the Ampio Smart Home system. It has eight relay outputs, eight inputs shorted to ground, and an option to connect up to six 1-Wire sensors (e.g. temperature, humidity).
On the front of the module are signalling LED indicators. Green LED indicates communication over CAN-Bus:
- one regular flash every 1 sec. – CAN-Bus communication in order
- two regular flashes every 1 sec. – module is not receiving information from other SmartHome modules
- three regular flashes every 1 sec. – module cannot send information to CAN-Bus
The other red LEDs indicate the status individual module outputs:
- LED is ON – output relay contacts on
- LED is OFF – output relay contacts disconnected
- lighting control
- propulsion systems control
- controlling any devices with a maximum power supply up to 230V, whose energy consumption does not exceed 6A.
- connecting digital sensors (e.g. temperature DS18B20) compatible with the Dallas 1-Wire bus
Module control is done via CAN-Bus. Required voltage for the module is 11 – 16V DC.
Inputs can be used to, for example, connect standard light switches.
Eight device outputs enable independent control of eight receivers. Each output is an independent relay contact, so it is possible to connect them in such a way that one section controls 230V AC voltage, and the other one 12V DC, etc.
Six Dallas DS18B20 temperature sensors can be connected to the module.
Temperature measurement results can be used freely to perform certain tasks, e.g. to close the blinds, switch pumps, or valves on/off, to present info on sensor switches with screens, or to create previews in native applications.
The module may be programmed with a special programmer, available for authorised technicians, and the Ampio Smart Home CAN conﬁgurator software. This program provides for setting up the module’s response to input signals and other information from the CAN bus.
Dimensions expressed in mm.